How to use Crest Whitestrips
Welcome to the How To Use Crest 3D Whitestrips section of our website. Here you can find out exactly how to get the most out of Crest Whitestrips, step by step to achieve a whiter smile from the comfort of your home within a short amount of time. We will make sure you know exactly how to use Crest Whitestrips today!
Crest 3D Whitestrips are thin, flexible gel coated strips that mould to your teeth to remove stains, giving you whiter teeth. Follow the How To Use Crest Whitestrips guide to achieve a dramatic difference in your smile. There are 8 teeth whitening kits available in the Crest 3D White range, so the level of whitening varies per product.
- Open the box of Crest Whitestrips and remove one foil pouch.
- Open the pouch by tearing from the cut mark on the side of the pouch.
- Remove the contents – here you will see two gel strips (one upper and one lower) on a plastic sheet.
Now you are ready to start the Crest 3D White teeth whitening process.
Peel off the top strip from it the plastic backing and apply to your upper teeth.
- Place the whitestrip on the tooth enamel and not on the gums. Press the whitestrip on to the teeth gently. Ensure that the whitestrip is touching as many areas of each tooth as possible.
- Fold under the teeth any part that is too long.
- Repeat for the bottom set of teeth and wear for the designated time
- Remove both whitestrips, rinse and brush your teeth.
- To help achieve the best teeth whitening results possible it is highly advisable to avoid all foods that typically stain teeth in the 60 minutes after the whitening process. These would include diet and lifestyle choices such as smoking, red wine, tea, coffee or fizzy drinks etc.
Tooth sensitivity can be a side effect of teeth whitening. However it is not permanent or harmful. To help people who suffer from sensitive teeth you have 3 options:-
Use Crest Sensi Strips before hand on any specific areas you think may be subject to sensitivity. Use a sensitive toothpaste for 10 days prior to teeth whitening. You can also leave some on your teeth at night and don’t rinse off. This will help block the tiny enamel tubules that in some people can become destabilised by the teeth whitening process and for some people cause sensitivity.
Use either Crest 3D White Gentle Routine Whitestrips, (a sensitive, more gentler approach to teeth whitening) or reduce the amount of whitening time/ days with the stronger teeth whitening kits. In other words instead of teeth whitening every day, whiten every other day. Or instead of teeth whitening for 30 minutes, whiten for 15 minutes. The results will not be that significantly different.